Corporate Transit Program
Get Your Employees Moving
If you've ever driven to work in Tampa, you know the stress of fighting traffic can start your day off on the wrong foot. You also know stress can follow employees into the office, affecting their productivity and relationships with co-workers.
HART offers a simple solution to the daily grind: the Corporate Transit Sponsor Program. This initiative lets you encourage employees to use public transportation through nontaxable fare subsidies. Public transportation helps eliminate commuter stress, saves each employee hundreds of dollars and contributes to a greener, more sustainable world. Use this low-cost benefit to help attract and retain good employees and position yourself as an eco-conscious organization.
How The Program Works
Federal law entitles all U.S. employers to a completely tax-deductible business expense of up to $240 per employee per month toward the cost of using public transportation. For most employees this will mean a $95 monthly Express Pass or a $65 monthly Local Pass. Funds can also be allocated to vanpooling.
With the help of a HART representative, your Corporate Transit Sponsor Program can be administered by a single employee working just minutes each month. Once your program is set up, bus passes will be mailed or hand-delivered to your company's appointed representative every month, then distributed to eligible employees. HART provides route schedules, informational brochures and a customer service line to answer any questions about routes and time schedules. If you like, a HART representative can visit your company to talk to employees about the bus system and other commute alternatives.
How To Get Started
It's simple to launch a Corporate Transit Sponsor Program at your company. Just follow these easy steps:
- Appoint an employee to be your Transit Program Coordinator
- Have your Transit Coordinator call HART at 813-384-6595 to speak with a representative who will help work out all the Transit Program details
- Inform employees about the Transit Program and transportation pass choices
- Start enjoying the benefits of public transportation, and say good-bye to stress, traffic and parking hassles!
Monthly Passes for Frequent Riders
|You must show proper HART or PSTA I.D. to the bus operator to use a discounted pass.|
- Good from the first through the last day of the month issued.
- Express Pass good on all routes, every day
- Local Pass good on all local routes
- All HARTride fare cards (1-Day, 3-Day, 31-Day) will be accepted on the streetcar
- Valid on all HART In-Town Trolleys
For more information please contact Special Services at (813) 384-6595 or send an e-mail to CristinaL@goHART.org
© 2012 Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART). Tampa, Florida. Public transit service for Tampa, Ybor City, Macdill, Temple Terrace, and Tampa International Airport
HART Title VI Program
Equity of Access to Transit Services
Programa Titulo VI de HART
Igualdad de acceso a Servicios Transitos